These deliciously savoury biscuit have been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. They are crumbly, buttery, little bites of yum. Perfect for a lunchbox, but also great on an entertaining platter. Get out the dried fruit, a few nuts, some good cheese and these… or box them up and use them as gifts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Crumbly buttery cheesy biscuits!" - Alana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 35g
- cheddar cheese - 50g, mature
- butter - 100g, unsalted, cubed
- self raising flour - 120g, plus extra for dusting
- egg yolks - 2, hard boiled
- polenta - 50g, fine
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp, freshly grated
- sea salt - pinch
- sesame seeds - to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Parmesan cheese (35g) into the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside a few teaspoons for sprinkling at the end.
- Add cheddar (50g) into bowl. Grate Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add butter (100g), flour (120g), egg yolks (2), polenta (50g), nutmeg (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured bench and push together with your hands. Flatten with a piece of baking paper between your hand and the dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place onto the prepared tray. Sprinkle with seeds and extra grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden and fragrant.