Cheese, Onion and Bacon Dip
If you love dip and bacon, you are going to love this recipe featured on the TRTLMT blog in 2016. This may possibly be your new favourite party dip. This will make over 500g of dip, so it is perfect for large parties or get togethers.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The dip was easy and so tasty. It makes heaps, so perfect for parties. We ate some for dinner on a fresh cob loaf as it was a warm night and no one wanted a cooked meal." - Anita
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 7 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- oil - drizzle
- bacon - 8,shortcut rashers, trimmed of fat
- onion - 1, small, peeled and diced
- garlic clove - 1, peeled and crushed
- cream cheese - 500g
- sour cream - 100g, or Greek yoghurt
- fresh chives - 1/2, plus extra to serve
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place a drizzle of oil into a large frying pan. Add the bacon (8 rashers), onion (1) and garlic clove (1) to the pan. Cook over a medium heat until the bacon is crispy and the onions are softened and browned. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the bacon mixture to the bowl along with the cream cheese (500g), sour cream (100g), chives (1/2 bunch), salt and pepper. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 4 / 8 seconds.
- Place into a serving bowl, sprinkle with extra chives and serve with crackers.