- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Cheese & Bacon Bread Rolls
Who doesn’t love a fresh bread roll? This cheese and bacon variety is no exception. Why buy them from the store when you can make them easily at home? Skip the sandwich! Freeze your cooked rolls for an easy lunchbox addition. Simply thaw the night before and place into the lunchbox.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These taste great and look great as well. My kids love them and want them in their lunch boxes." - Summah
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes + rising time
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Makes 6-8 rolls
Can be frozen
- water - 450g, lukewarm
- yeast - 3 tsp
- bakers flour - 750g
- bread improver - 3 tsp, optional
- salt - 1 tsp
- bacon - 4-6, rashers, diced
- cheese - 200g, cubed, of choice, grated
- Place water (450g), yeast (3 tsp), flour (750g), improver (3 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) in bowl.
- Blitz on Speed 7 / 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot, e.g. the front seat of the car or on top of a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Remove dough from bowl and form 6 to 8 balls.
- Place close together on a lined baking tray. Allow to rise for 30-60 minutes until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine bacon (4-6 rashers) and cheese (200g) in a bowl.
- Flatten each roll slightly with your palm and then top each roll with the cheese and bacon mixture.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 30-40 minutes.