Cheese and Onion Soup
This soup is oh so simple but with a flavour that will not disappoint. Using just a handful of staple kitchen ingredients you can enjoy a deliciously satisfying soup like this one. There's nothing like a big hot bowl of soup!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy, tasty and a winner with my toddler." - Kate
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 32 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 2, large, brown, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- butter - 20g
- vegetable stock - 1.2L, liquid
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- double cream - 300ml
- cheddar cheese - 250g, grated
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (250g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled and quartered onions (2) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the plain flour (50g) and butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Add the liquid stock (1.2L), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Add the double cream (300ml) and grated cheese (250g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.