Cheese and Chive French Toast
Pick up a delicious loaf of bread from the farmer's market, and cut yourself some thick slices for this yummy French toast with a twist. While you are at the market, why not pick up some egg, cheese and chives too? With only a handful of ingredients you are all set for a "better than eating out" breakfast!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Once again The 4 Bladers have an excellent new take on an old favourite. Tasted yum without, and divine with, maple syrup." - Bec B.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 80g, cubed
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch
- eggs - 4, medium
- milk - 100g
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1 Tbsp, unsalted
- bread - 4 slices, thick (*can use GF)
- maple syrup - to serve, optional
- Place Parmesan cheese (80g) and chives (1/2 bunch) into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add eggs (4), milk (100g) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat on the stove. Add butter (1 Tbsp) and melt.
- Dip a slice of bread (4 total) into the egg mixture. Coat both sides.
- Place into the frying pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat for all slices.
- Serve hot with eggs and bacon (and drizzled with maple syrup, if you like!)