Chargrilled Veggie Strudel
This super delicious chargrilled veggie strudel makes for a great dinner and also a perfect lunchbox treat for the whole family. You can freeze it, have it hot or cold and even slice it up to serve as party nibbles. It is so versatile and can be made with any veggies you like. Even seasonal veggies do great in this recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Use any combination of vegetables, roast them up, then wrap inside a sheet of puff pastry. What could be easier? This is a simple recipe that is sure to impress, but really is not difficult to make or assemble." - Monika
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Can be frozen
- mushrooms - 100g, brown, chopped in bite-size chunks
- onion - 2, red, peeled and chopped in bite-size chunks
- broccoli - 1 head, chopped in bite-size chunks
- capsicum - 1, red, chopped in bite-size chunks
- olive oil - 30g
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
- puff pastry - 1 pack (use store-bought or make your own with the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Only Bonus Issue)
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spinach - 50g, fresh
- cream cheese - 100g
- mustard - 1/4 tsp, wholegrain
- egg - 1, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 250C or heat up the BBQ. Line a large baking tray with baking paper if cooking in the oven.
- Place the mushrooms (100g), red onions (2), broccoli (1) and capsicum (1) on the prepared tray or on a roasting tray for the BBQ.
- Drizzle with oil (30g), salt (1/2 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp) and chilli flakes (1/4 tsp). Roast in the oven at the highest setting or on the BBQ for 10-15 minutes until chargrilled.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry (1 pack) into a large rectangle.
- Place the garlic clove (1) in the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the spinach (50g), cream cheese (100g) and mustard (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Spread the mixture over half of the puff pastry sheet lengthways, leaving a 2cm border.
- Turn the oven down to 200C.
- Add the chargrilled veggies on top of the pastry and roll it up, tucking in the sides, into a large log. Place on the prepared tray from earlier.
- Brush with the egg (1). Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove and slice up to serve.