Chargrilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa
When we hear 'salsa' we usually think of a jar of tomato based salsa, but for this dinner fiesta we are switching things up. This is a great dip to serve as people arrive. Serve with some yummy corn tortilla chips. You can make your own using the link at the bottom of the page.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We absolutely loved this recipe. It's a party for the tastebuds (we didn't add the chilli, so it was kid friendly too). We have added it to a salad (yum), used it with poached eggs and smashed avocado (delicious) for breakfast and now we are having it as part of our platter for dinner. You really need to try this one. It's AMAZING!!!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Serves 6-8 (with tortilla chips)
Cannot be frozen
- corn - 2 ears, husks removed
- Jalapeños - 1
- fresh coriander - 1/2, bunch
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- black beans - 400g tin, rinsed and drained well
- tortilla chips - to serve (*omit for GF)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 40g
- cumin - 1/2 tsp, seeds
- dried coriander - 1/4 tsp., ground
- lime - 1, juice only
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Place corn (2 ears) and jalapeño (1) onto a hot grill and cook until chargrilled on all sides.
- Remove from heat and strip the corn of kernels with a sharp knife. Place into a large bowl and mix to break up the kernels.
- The jalapeño will go into our dressing. Set this aside.
- Add fresh coriander (1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Add to the bowl with the corn. Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add red onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Add to the bowl with the corn. Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add the black beans (400g tin) to the corn. Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Place garlic cloves (2), oil (40g), cumin seeds (1/2 tsp), coriander (1/4 tsp), lime juice (from 1 lime), salt (1/2 tsp) and the reserved jalapeño into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Pour dressing over the corn and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to allow flavours to develop.
- Serve with tortilla chips.