Chai Crio Brü
This tasty drink is a healthier alternative to hot chocolate, shared with us by Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers. Crio Brü is one of her absolute favorite products. It is a superfood, made from roasted and ground cacao beans, that brews like coffee! It is a fantastic option for people who are trying to kick the coffee or processed hot chocolate, and it has many health benefits.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cinnamon - 1, quill
- cardamom - 1/8 tsp, seeds or 1 cardamom pod
- cloves - 3
- ginger - pinch, powder
- honey - 50-70g, raw
- water - 500g
- milk - 300g (*use coconut milk for DF)
- Crio Brü - 100g, granules
- Add cinnamon (1) and cardamom seeds (1/8 tsp) to the bowl. Mill Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add cloves (3), ginger powder (pinch), honey (50-70g), water (500g), milk (300g), Crio Brü granules (100g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 80C / Speed 3.
- Strain liquid first with a mesh strainer, then French press for a silky smooth consistency.