Celery Pesto Chicken
This delicious dinner has been shared with us by Rona Jongebreur from Domestic Diva Unleashed. It's great for an easy yet filling dinner when you are on the road, needing only a few ingredients. Feeling organised? Marinate and freeze the chicken ahead of time, then steam the defrosted chicken from Step 2 onwards when you are ready to eat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We've never tasted celery pesto before, but this dinner got a big thumbs up. The chicken was very soft from steaming and it was easy to prepare too." - Anita
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- Celery pesto:
- cashew nuts - 120g
- celery - 300g, stalks, roughly chopped
- celery - 30g, leaves
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- salt - 5g, rock
- oil - 20g
- Pesto chicken:
- celery pesto - 250g
- chicken breast - 750g, diced
- water - 500g, hot
- pasta - (*ensure GF and EF if required)
- cream - 100g, optional (*omit for DF)
- Add cashews (120g), celery stalks (300g), celery leaves (30g), garlic cloves (3), salt (5g) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Chop again Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Stir pesto (250g) through the chicken pieces (750g) and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place hot water (500g) into the bowl. Grease the steaming attachment lower dish lightly. Place marinated chicken (1kg) into the steaming attachment lower dish, making sure not to cover all the holes so the steam can come through. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Cook your chosen pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Stir the chicken. Make sure you keep a few holes open for the steam to come through. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Transfer chicken to an insulated server or a large bowl. Add cream (100g) and stir through chicken. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta.