Cauliflower Stuffed Capsicums
Stuffed capsicums are a staple for many for a quick and easy dinner. However, they are often stuffed with rice and very carb heavy. We have reinvented this classic with a healthy twist. Rather than heavy white rice, we are using deliciously light cauliflower rice! Oh, and guess what? The stuffing works great in roast chicken as well.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So easy and tasty. A great way to get a heap of nourishing veggies into you. My husband loved it." - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- capsicums - 4, medium, deseeded and top sliced off to form a lid, see Note
- cauliflower - 300g, cut into florets
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- oil - 20g
- tomatoes - 200g, diced
- zucchini - 1, small, diced
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp, leaves only
- fresh basil - 10 leaves, chopped
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, paste
- paprika - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower (300g), onion (1) and garlic clove (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add the tomatoes (200g), zucchini (1), oregano (1 Tbsp), basil leaves (10), stock paste (2 tsp) and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Spoon mixture into each capsicum (4 total). Place lid on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until capsicum has softened.
Note: Look at the bottom of the capsicums when buying them. You want them to stand up easily!
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites