Cauliflower Quinoa Fritters
Delicious and nutritious best sums up these yummy fritters. And on top of that, they will keep you full for longer. Enjoy them as they are, in a burger or even for breakfast with a side of eggs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were a real hit with the family and so simple to make with pantry and fridge staples. They looked great, crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Tasted nice warm and cold. Perfect with a salad for a light meal. They will definitely go on my ‘to make again’ list. - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 20 small fritters
Can be frozen
- quinoa - 100g
- lemon - 2 tsp, zest,
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- cauliflower - 300g, florets
- eggs - 3
- plain flour - 80g (*can use GF)
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- pepper - 1 tsp
- oil - 2 Tbsp
- Cook quinoa (100g) according to packet directions on the stove. Alternatively, if you wish to cook in your mixer you can add water (1L) to the bowl and cook the quinoa in the internal steaming basket for 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3, measuring cap on.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add lemon zest (2 tsp) and parsley (2 Tbsp) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Place cauliflower (300g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add the eggs (3), flour (80g), Parmesan cheese (100g), pepper (1 tsp) and cooked quinoa to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Put oil (2 Tbsp) into a large frying pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes. These are a softer mix so flip gently.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm.