This sensational side dish has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It's a great alternative to mashed potato, and not just for those trying to lower their carbohydrates! Delicious when served with your roast beef made with the Aussie Roast Rub.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious dish that is so full of flavour I could sit and eat it on its own. It also makes a fantastic substitute for mashed potato as a side dish." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, roughly chopped
- cauliflower - 1 head (approx. 800g), cut into florets
- vegetable stock - 80g, liquid, or chicken stock, or water and 20g stock paste
- butter - 50g
- cream - 50g
- salt - to taste
- eggs - poached, to serve (*omit for EF)
- pancetta - to serve
- truffle oil - to serve
- Place cheese (100g) in the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets (1 head) and stock (80g) in the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add butter (50g), cream (50g), grated cheese and salt (to taste) to the bowl. Purée Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with poached eggs, crispy pancetta and drizzled with truffle oil.