- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Cauliflower Parsnip Mash and Chicken Tenderloins
Parsnips make a great addition to this cauliflower mash, shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. Parsnips are closely related to carrots, but they are pale in colour and blend in perfectly with the cauliflower in the mash.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very simple and healthy dish that has flavour. The cauliflower parsnip mash is the star in this dish." - Liz
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- cauliflower - 300g, roughly chopped
- parsnip - 300g, peeled and roughly chopped
- vegetable stock - 25g, paste
- water - 180g
- chicken tenderloins - 650g (approx. 12 tenderloins)
- vegetables of choice - e.g. carrot, broccoli, capsicum
- ghee - 50g, butter or margarine
- Add the cauliflower (300g), parsnip (300g), stock paste (25g) and water (180g) to the bowl.
- Place the chicken (650g) onto the steaming attachment upper tray and season with salt and pepper if desired. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables and add them to the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Once the chicken is done, set the steaming attachment lower dish in place. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Set the chicken and vegetables aside in an insulated server to keep warm.
- Add the butter (50g) to the parsnip and cauliflower in the bowl. Starting at Speed 5, gradually increase speed to 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Serve the mash with the chicken and vegetables.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites