Cauliflower, Pancetta & Lentil Soup
Begin your long Easter lunch with this beautiful soup, making the most of the autumn flavours. It has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. If you are entertaining, you can make the soup ahead of time and while it is reheating you can cook the pancetta and lentils on the pan. Delicious!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a deliciously creamy soup that was loved by everyone... even fussy Miss 2!" - Suzanne
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- leek - 1, ends trimmed and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2
- olive oil - 20g
- cauliflower - 400g (approx. 1/2 head), roughly chopped
- potato - 200g, peeled and roughly chopped
- chicken stock - 750g
- cream - 250g
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, concentrate
- pancetta - 6 slices, each cut into 6 strips
- lentils - 400g , canned, drained and rinsed
- Place leek (1) and garlic cloves (2) in the bowl. Chop for Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g). Sauté 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add cauliflower (400g), potato (200g), stock (750g), cream (250g) and stock concentrate (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, heat frying pan over high heat. Add pancetta (6) and cook until wrinkled and crispy.
- Turn heat to low and add lentils (400g) to the pan. Cook for a further 1 minute moving constantly, warming the lentils and coating in the rendered pancetta fat.
- Puree soup Speed 1-9 / 30 seconds, slowly increasing the speed from 1 to 9 over the 30 seconds. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Divide soup between 4 serving bowls and top with a spoonful of lentils and pancetta.