This is a flavoursome alternative to mashed potato. We love serving it as a side when we have lamb shanks. So simple: just steam and then blend for a fabulous texture. The fat from the butter will keep you full as well.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Serves 4 as a side
Can be frozen
- cauliflower - 1, head, approximately 800g
- water - 500g
- butter - 40g (*use coconut cream for DF)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Break up cauliflower (800g) into florets and put into the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Fill bowl with water (500g) and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check to ensure the cauliflower is well cooked (cauliflower mash works much better with soft, well-cooked cauliflower), then empty water from the bowl.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add butter (40g), and salt and pepper (to taste) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 4. You may need to help the mixing along with your spatula, as air pockets can form.