This delicious curry that was shared with us by Alyce Alexandra (alycealexandra.com) is not only super quick, it is also affordable, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, paleo AND vegan! It is sure to be a hit, no matter who is popping over for dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Wow! This is an amazing curry. Even if you aren't sure about a vegan curry, you HAVE to give this one a go. It will knock your socks off!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 100g, raw
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled
- coconut oil - 30g
- curry powder - 3 Tbsp
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- coconut milk - 400g tin
- salt - 2 tsp
- cauliflower - 1/2 head, chopped into small florets
- spinach - 100g, leaves
- rice - to serve
- fresh coriander - leaves, to serve
- yoghurt - to serve, optional (*omit for DF)
- pomegranate molasses - to serve, optional
- Add the raw cashews (100g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Without cleaning the bowl, place the halved onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (6) and peeled ginger (3cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the coconut oil (30g) and curry powder (3 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the diced tomatoes (400g tin), coconut milk (400g tin), salt (2 tsp) and cauliflower florets (from 1/2 head) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Add the spinach leaves (100g) and the prepared cashews to the bowl. Combine using your spatula and allow to stand covered in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and fresh coriander leaves.
Make your own!
*Make your own curry powder with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.