Cauliflower Chilli Pesto
Who would have thought to make pesto from cauliflower? Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way did and we think it's genius. What a budget friendly way to make a large batch of pesto. This is delicious served with vegetable stocks or crackers but also topped on meat and eggs or stirred through pasta for a burst of flavour.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a really fresh, zingy version of the standard pesto. We had it on pasta, but I think it would go particularly well with fish. You can easily sub out some of the ingredients to switch it up or use what you have in the fridge or garden, making it even more thrifty!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 70g
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 3 handfuls
- kale - 35g, leaves
- cauliflower - 100g, florets
- olive oil - 100g, extra virgin
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp (add more for extra spiciness)
- sea salt
- pepper - cracked black
- Add the Parmesan cheese (70g), garlic cloves (2) and parsley (3 handfuls) to the bowl. Process Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the kale (35g), cauliflower (100g), oil (100g), chilli flakes (1/2 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10-15 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides if you can hear the blades aren't coming into contact with the food any longer.