Cauliflower Broccoli Bake
Serving a bake like this one as a side dish for your dinner party is not only delicious, but also a really smart move. It is so easy to prepare ahead of time, and it's a real crowd pleaser. It contains a delicious white sauce that can be served over your favourite veggies. Roasted vegetables would be a great substitute!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Easy and yummy! Such a good recipe for dinner parties, or getting kids to eat veggies! Also very quick, so it's great to make and get going whilst you prepare other food." - Sandra
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 12 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- cauliflower - 1/2-1 large head, broken into florets
- broccoli - 1/2-1 large head, broken into florets
- paprika - 1 tsp
- White sauce:
- milk - 600g
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- butter - 60g
- salt - pinch
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- mustard powder - 2 tsp, yellow
- nutmeg - pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cubed cheese (150g) and grind Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the milk (600g), plain flour (50g), butter (60g), salt (pinch), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), mustard powder (2 tsp) and nutmeg (pinch) into the bowl. Program 9 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- While it is cooking, place the cauliflower (1/2-1 head) and broccoli (1/2-1 head) florets into a large ovenproof dish.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables. Top with grated cheese (150g) and paprika(1 tsp).
- Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly. This usually takes about 20 minutes