Carrot, Feta and Mint Smash
This is a super simple side dish that transforms the humble carrot into something much more, without too much fuss! One of the best things about this dish is that you don't need to peel the carrots, which of course will save you more time! Most of the feta will melt and coat the carrots, so feel free to add a little more on top if you like.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple and light! This is a really quick, easy and tasty side dish. I thought it was a great variation on having plain cooked carrots with dinner, and it would be great as an extra salad at a BBQ." - Annie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 11 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- carrots - 500g, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- water - 150g, hot
- fresh mint - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- feta cheese - 70g
- Set the internal steaming basket into place. Add the carrots (500g) into the internal steaming basket. Pour hot water (150g) into the bowl over the carrots. Program 11 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Using your spatula, carefully remove the internal steaming basket and set aside. Tip out the water to drain the bowl.
- Add steamed carrots, feta (70g) and mint (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy!