Carrot, Cucumber, Mint and Pineapple Smoothie
This healthy, refreshing and TASTY smoothie was featured on The 4 Blades blog in 2016. So many smoothies have frozen banana, which is fine… but the taste can get a bit same-same. This smoothie is super healthy, it has no bananas (unless you really want to add them!), it’s refreshing and delicious. It’s thick like a smoothie should be without the weight of cream, milk or yoghurt, with a good serve of fruit and vegetables.
We loved creating this recipe for you and featured it in Episode 121 of the podcast: Thermomix Juice and Smoothies.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved how healthy it felt to drink. The flavours were well balanced and delicious." - Alana
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 3-4 smoothies
Can be frozen
- carrot - 130g, roughly chopped (approx. 2 medium carrots)
- fresh mint - handful
- pineapple - 430g tin, pieces in natural juice
- cucumber - 100g, roughly chopped (approx. 1/2 cucumber)
- ice - 100g
- Add the carrot (130g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the mint (handful), pineapple pieces and juice (430g tin), cucumber (100g) and ice (100g) to the bowl. Slowly increase the speed from Speed 7 to Speed 10 over 10 seconds, then blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Test the consistency. Add some water for a thinner consistency if desired.
- Enjoy your fresh and delicious smoothie!