Carrot and Sweet Potato Fritters
These little healthy carrot and sweet potato fritters are a great snack for a party or a family gathering. They are ideal for the kids and are packed with nutrients. You can have them cold the next day as a packed lunch and make little carrot fritter sandwiches.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious fritters full of goodness and taste for both adults and kids. They would be great for parties, but we also had ours for dinner with salad." - Alana
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes approx. 30 fritters
Cannot be frozen
- sweet potato - 1, chopped into small chunks
- carrots - 3, chopped into small chunks
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- eggs - 4
- desiccated coconut - 50g
- oats - 60g, rolled
- plain flour - 60g
- feta cheese - 100g
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- oil - 150g
- yoghurt - 50g, Greek style
- lime - 1
- Place the sweet potato (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Remove and pour in a small mixing bowl using a spatula.
- Add the carrots (3) to the bowl and chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the sweet potatoes.
- Put the onion (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and carrots, eggs (4), desiccated coconut (50g), oats (60g), flour (60g), crumbled feta cheese (100g), salt (pinch) and black pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Heat the oil (150g) in a medium frying pan. Once hot, take a tablespoon of the mixture and press it tightly together with your fingers to squeeze out some of that liquid. Carefully transfer to the pan and fry until golden brown. They are a bit delicate, so make sure you only turn once cooked on one side.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a lime wedge.