Carrot and Chive Risotto
Risottos do not always have to be expensive, filled with indulgent ingredients. Sometimes fairly basic ingredients really work well together and result in a beautiful tasting dish. This is one of those dishes. You can swap the carrots for pumpkin or sweet potato if they happen to be cheaper that week.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasty and filling without breaking the bank!" - Erika
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 150g, grated
- carrots - 300g, roughly diced
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, brown, small, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- Arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 1L, liquid, full flavoured or vegetable stock
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fresh chives - 15g, chopped finely
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese (150g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add carrots (300g) to bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add garlic cloves (2) and onion (1) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add rice (350g) to bowl. Coat the rice in oil by mixing on Speed 1 / 15 seconds until coated well.
- Add the carrots and chicken stock (1L) to the bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.5. Place internal steaming basket on top of lid to prevent splatters.
- Check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if required. Add chives (15g) and Parmesan cheese (150g). Mix through with a spatula.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for 8-12 minutes to thicken.