These tasty biscuits have been shared with us by Rona Jongebreur from Domestic Diva Unleashed. They are perfect for snacking on the road. We have it on good authority that these are just as delicious when made with cacao powder, so if you can't get your hands on carob, don't despair!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick biscuit that is a sweet treat without chocolate. It's the chocolate cookie you have when you are not having chocolate." - Gail
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-14 minutes
Makes 25 medium biscuits
Can be frozen
- butter - 125g, softened
- brown sugar - 230g
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 200g (*can use GF)
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- carob powder - 1 Tbsp, or cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Set the whisk attachment in place. Add the butter (125g), sugar (230g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Cream Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Remove the whisk attachment. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour (200g), bicarb soda (1 tsp) and carob powder (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Slightly wet your hands and roll spoonfuls of mixture 5cm apart on the prepared baking trays. They will spread, so leave extra space between each.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. If you like soft and chewy cookies, cook closer to 10 minutes. For crunchy cookies go 12-14 minutes, but keep an eye on them – they don’t take long.
- Allow to cool on the tray before moving to a wire cooling rack.