Carnation Green Tea Cocktail
This stunning cocktail recipe has been created by the talented Alyce Alexandra. These are sure to impress at your next event and will be a great conversation starter!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious and refreshing drink that I think will become a favourite summer drink in our household. My 5 yr old daughter loved it served over ice with floating viola flowers and mineral water instead of the alcohol. It was effectively a sparkling iced tea for her and a REAL drink for Mummy! Can’t wait to experiment with some different flavoured teas and perhaps some sparkling wine instead of vodka/gin. Mmmm....roll on summer so I can make this some more!!" - Renee
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 400g
- sugar - 60g
- Flowerdale Farm petticoat spice carnation flowers - 12
- green tea - 2 bags, tags removed
- apple juice - 400g, clear
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- ice cubes - 600g
- gin - 180g, optional
- Place the water (400g), sugar (60g) and flowers (12) in the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add tea bags (2) to the bowl. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Add apple juice (400g) and lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Stirring Speed / 10 seconds. Refrigerate flowers in syrup.
- When ready to serve, fill 6 short glasses with ice (600g total). Add a shot of gin (180g total) to each and divide the syrup and flowers evenly between them.
- Serve immediately.