Another delicious warm drink for you to enjoy. The exact amount of water and milk you need will depend on the size of the mugs you serve in, but these quantities will allow you to accommodate a standard mug. You can then tweak the amounts over time once you become accustomed to how much you like, and therefore how much you need.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This will be a favourite in winter. The addition of the spices takes the coffee to a new level of enjoyment." - Annette
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Serves 1, can be doubled
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
French press coffee plunger
internal steaming basket
- coffee - 10g, beans, per person
- cardamom - 3 pods, seeds only
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1/8 tsp, ground
- water - 200g, per person
- milk of choice - 150g, per person (*can use DF milk)
- Add the coffee beans (10g), cardamom seeds (from 3 pods), ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp) and ground ginger (1/8 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 8.
- Add water (200g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 80C / Speed 2. Stop when the 80C light stops flashing.
- Transfer the coffee mixture to the plunger. Clean and dry the bowl.
- Add milk (150g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 70C / Speed 2. Stop when the 70C light stops flashing.
- Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Blitz Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Once complete, press the plunger and pour the cardamom coffee into coffee cups.
- Top with the frothy milk.