This is one of my most favourite slices, and I have been making it for close to 9 years now. This was always a staple for the Christmas hampers to teachers or to take along to Christmas events. Keep it as a slice or roll into small balls to make it go further. Yum, yum, yum! - Peta
Reader Tester Feedback: "Truly indulgent and satisfying for any sugar craving. This slice is both easy to make and a crowd pleaser." - Rach
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 2 hours setting time
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 25 squares
Can be frozen
- biscuits of choice - 400g, shortbread, roughly broken up (*can use GF)
- desiccated coconut - 100g
- condensed milk - 395g tin, sweetened
- chocolate - 200g, caramel filled, block
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the broken up biscuits (400g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 5 seconds. You want these to be slightly coarse.
- Add the desiccated coconut (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the condensed milk (395g tin), chocolate (200g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 4 or until melted and combined.
- Add the crumb mixture to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 20 seconds or until combined.
- Pour into the prepared slice tin and press down with the back of a slightly oiled spoon to prevent sticking.
- Allow to set in the fridge before slicing. Store in the fridge until serving or gifting.