Caramelised Onion Dip
We LOVE making our own caramelised onions in our mixers, but when we mix those onions with cream cheese to make this dip? Oh boy, the taste buds sing! This recipe takes a classic onion dip to a whole new level.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Oh, this one was a hit at my house. A nice change from the usual French onion dip I make. I can see that this one will be requested often, as it was given 2 thumbs up by my two kids." - Terri
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 40 minutes cooling time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 2 cups of dip
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- onion - 250g, brown, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- balsamic vinegar - 30g
- olive oil - 15g
- cream cheese - 250g, cubed
- fresh parsley - 10g, leaves only, chopped
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Add the thinly sliced onions (250g), half of the balsamic vinegar (15g only) and the olive oil (15g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Remove any onion from around the blades and wipe the spatula over the base of the bowl to loosen up any reduced balsamic. Add the remaining balsamic vinegar (15g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Once cool, add the cubed cream cheese (250g), fresh chopped parsley leaves (10g), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the onions in the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Serve with crackers.
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers