Caramelised Banana Crêpes
Caramelised banana?! We don't have to say much more. A delicious way to enjoy crêpes that are a little different to the usual. Team this up with some of the delicious Chocolate Fudge Sauce from earlier in this issue for a decadent brunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These crêpes were delicious with this beautiful banana filling. I used gluten free flour and was surprised how light they were. Very quick and easy to make, with ingredients I always have on hand. Also great served with ice cream." - Lesley
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 crêpes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- chocolate - dark, melted (*ensure DF if required)
- eggs - 4
- milk of choice - 440g, (*ensure DF if required)
- plain flour - 160g, (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 20g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Banana filling:
- banana - 6, peeled and cubed
- butter - 50g, (*can use DF spread)
- brown sugar - 20g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- Add the eggs (4), milk (440g), plain flour (160g), olive oil (20g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Clean and dry the bowl.
- Add the cubed bananas (6), butter (50g), brown sugar (20g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 80C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Oil a wide skillet and heat over medium to high heat.
- Pour a little batter into the pan and spread the batter out thinly (and quickly!) with the back of a spatula.
- Cook for a minute or two before flipping over. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Place a little banana mixture on one quarter of a crêpe and fold in half and half again to form a triangle. Repeat for all of the crêpes.
- Serve drizzled with warm melted dark chocolate.