This recipe is from the amazing Tenina Holder. Not surprised are you? She is a cooking genius. Fudge is a great gift for those who do not like chocolates but still want to indulge in something delicious.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 70 minutes + hours to cool
Makes 24+ squares
Can be frozen and thawed before consuming
- caster sugar - 500g, golden
- condensed milk - 395g, tin
- butter - 150g, cubed
- golden syrup - 55g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- salt flakes - pink, to taste
- Place sugar (500g) into bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add condensed milk (375g), butter (150g) and golden syrup (55g) to bowl. Program 30 minutes / 90C / Speed 2, with measuring cap off.
- Program 30 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2, using basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
- Program 4 minutes / 110C* / Speed 4, using basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
- Add vanilla (2 tsp) through hole in lid and beat 1 minute / Speed 4, with measuring cap off.
- Pour into large buttered tin and allow to cool for hours and hours and hours. Don't be tempted to refrigerate to speed it up, just let it cool on the bench! The core temperature of the fudge will definitely take hours so don't say we didn't warn you!
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine