These chewy caramel cookies have been cleverly created by Bianca from Wholefood Simply. They have the taste and texture of a gourmet choc caramel biscuit. The chocolate layer is completely optional but sure is delicious! These biscuits keep their shape and are easily transported. The flavour is even better the next day after the biscuit has completely cooled so they are perfect to make ahead of time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are absolutely delicious and got a 5 star taste rating from the picky ‘we don’t like dates’ minions!” - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes + cooling time
Makes 26 biscuits
Can be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 130g
- dates - 10, Medjool, seeds removed
- coconut flour - 1 Tbsp
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- chocolate - 50g, dark, optional (*ensure DF if required)
- Preheat your oven to 175C.
- Add macadamia nuts (130g), dates (10), coconut flour (1 Tbsp), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Speed 9, until the mixture is smooth and paste-like.
- Roll mixture into balls and put onto lined tray. Flatten slightly with fork. Note: dip your fork in coconut flour otherwise it sticks constantly to the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning the tray half way through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely (about 1 hour).
- To add a layer of chocolate to half the cookie, add chocolate (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until melted.
- Remove chocolate to a warmed ceramic bowl and dip half of each cookie in the chocolate before transferring to a lined baking tray.
- Refrigerate to set.
Transport these cookies in a sealed airtight container.