Capsicum and Sweet Potato Frittata
Frittatas are one of those things you can whip up in no time at all and with everyday ingredients. They make for a great lunch or dinner anytime of the year. Simply serve hot in winter and cold in summer. Capsicum and sweet potato work so well together that we thought why not combine them into a delicious summer frittata? Serve with a simple side salad and crusty bread.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A bright, flavoursome and healthy lunch which can be eaten by itself or with a salad. Delish!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- sweet potato - 300g, peeled and cubed
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and thinly sliced
- capsicum - 2, red, large, deseeded and cut into strips
- baby spinach - 60g leaves
- eggs - 8
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp
- salad of choice - to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sweet potato (300g) onto the baking tray and drizzle with a little oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, grease a deep ovenproof dish to cook the frittata in.
- Place garlic clove (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add onion (1), capsicums (2) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Place half of the sweet potato into the deep dish. Add half of the spinach (30g only). Then half of the capsicum mixture over the top. Repeat this process until all ingredients are used.
- Add the eggs (8), parsley (1 Tbsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with green salad.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.