Caprese Pasta Salad
A caprese salad – a slice of mozzarella topped with a slice of tomato topped with a fresh basil leaf – is a wonderful flavour combination, especially when the fresh produce is of a high quality. Here is a variation on the original caprese salad, allowing you to use the same fresh ingredients, but in a pasta salad so that it goes a little further. For a variation to this recipe, use freshly cooked hot pasta for an upmarket macaroni cheese!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very clever alteration to a classic Italian dish. Perfect for hot weather. Would make a great entree or accompaniment at a BBQ. Definitely going on the rotation." - Anthony
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 8 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- cherry tomatoes - 200g, sliced
- fresh basil - 30g, leaves
- bocconcini - 210g
- olive oil - 30g, plus extra to drizzle
- pasta - 400g, cooked and cooled (*can use GF)
- Slice the cherry tomatoes (200g) in half, sprinkle generously with salt and set aside.
- Add the basil (30g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add bocconcini (210g). Mix Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add sliced and salted tomatoes. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (30g) and the cooked cooled pasta (400g). Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Serve with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.