Campfire Blueberry Bread and Butter Pudding
S'mores aren't the only camping dessert, you know! This delicious bread and butter pudding is a great little dessert to whip up for the family while you are camping.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- bread - 8 slices, cubed (*can use GF)
- blueberries - 250g punnet, fresh (frozen will contain too much liquid)
- butter - melted, or olive oil, for greasing
- icing sugar - to dust
- chocolate - 150g, white, broken into pieces
- eggs - 4
- sugar - 60g
- milk - 150g
- double cream - 50g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- Add the white chocolate pieces (150g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Add the eggs (4), sugar (60g), milk (150g), double cream (50g), ground cinnamon (1 tsp) and vanilla extract (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cubed bread (8 slices), fresh blueberries (250g) and custard mix. Mix with a spatula to combine well.
- Make 4 large squares of aluminium foil. Lightly grease the foil with butter or olive oil.
- Place some of the bread mixture into the centre of each foil square.
- Seal to form a secure parcel, making sure no liquid can escape.
- Place the foil over a BBQ rack. Don’t put them over direct flames, as this will cause the mix to burn.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes. Ensure the custard is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately, dusted with icing sugar, and eat straight from the foil.