Camp Fire Pizza
Pizza is not only nice at home. When you are out with the family on the road, pizza can be a real saviour. It is so easy to prepare using a hot plate and a deep dish skillet – you just need a little bit of patience. Top the pizza with your favourite toppings and enjoy it while it is hot. Get prepared at home by making the dough ahead of time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Good one. Total success! This stove top pizza provides a great alternate to the traditional oven pizza." - Julia
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 3 medium pizza bases
Can be frozen
- water - 300g
- yeast - 1 Tbsp, dry instant
- bakers flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting
- salt - 1 Tbsp
- olive oil - 20g
- tomato paste - 3 Tbsp
- dried oregano - 3 tsp
- capsicum - 3 Tbsp, roasted, chopped into small pieces
- salami - 12 slices
- cheese - 60g, grated
- Place the water (300g) and yeast (1 Tbsp) in the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add the flour (500g), salt (1 Tbsp) and oil (20g). Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Tip onto a floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece out to a circle that fits the deep dish skillet.
- Heat the skillet over the hot plate on medium heat. Once heated through, add in the first circle. Fry for 3 minutes, then flip over.
- Immediately spread over some tomato paste (1 Tbsp only) and sprinkle over some oregano (1 tsp only). Then put your favourite toppings on the pizza, such as mixed pepper pieces (1 Tbsp only) and salami (4 slices only). Finish with some grated cheese (20g only) and cover with a lid.
- Leave for 10 minutes, then uncover and test whether the dough is cooked. If not, turn down the heat and leave covered until cooked through.
- Repeat with the other bases.