Café Style Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry muffins are the favourite muffin variety for many people. Found in most cafés and bakeries, blueberry muffins are a morning tea staple and a great lunchbox addition. Sometimes the muffins you make at home aren't as soft and delicious as the ones that you buy out and about, but these ones are a winning recipe for the classic café taste! For a gluten free version, try the Blueberry Muffins in the Healthy Twist Classics section!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved how quick and easy it was to make these. They have a lovely light texture, and they taste delicious. They won't last long in my household." - Chris
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 6 café sized muffins, 28 mini muffins
Can be frozen
- milk - 250g
- eggs - 2
- butter - 120g
- self raising flour - 320g
- sugar - 100g
- salt - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- blueberries - 200g, frozen
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Add butter (120g) to the bowl and warm. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add milk (250g), eggs (2), self raising flour (320g), sugar (100g), salt (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) to bowl. Speed 4 until just combined. This should be under 5 seconds. Do not over mix.
- Add the frozen blueberries (200g). Mix with the spatula to just combine. Work quickly to avoid the blueberries thawing.
- Fill cases until almost full with batter.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly then remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3 days or in the fridge for 5.