Caesar Salad Dressing
Making your own Caesar dressing is a breeze! You no longer need to buy the tasteless store bought variety. This version is full of delicious fresh flavours, and it's oh so creamy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Impress your friends with this better-than-bought Caesar salad dressing. A quick and easy creamy salad dressing, not overpowering and with a delightful kick of garlic." - Annette
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 8-10 minutes
Makes enough for 5-6 Caesar salads
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- macadamia oil - 100g, or neutral tasting oil, *use other oil for NF
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- anchovy fillet - 4, *ensure GF if required
- egg yolk - 2, large
- lemon juice - 40g, fresh
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- Serving suggestions:
- salad of choice - to serve
- Into a small jug, weigh the macadamia oil (100g). Set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the anchovy fillets (4), egg yolks (2), lemon juice (40g), Dijon mustard (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- With blades spinning on Speed 4, slowly drizzle in the oil (100g). This should take about 1 minute.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 48 hours in the fridge. Chill and shake before serving.