Buttery Coffee Fat Bomb Bark
For a bit of a change of pace, here is a yummy coffee flavoured low carb healthy fat treat! Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. This recipe has been shared with us by Daniela and Michelle from Thermo-Foodie and The Chef.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These are so easy to make and very tasty! They were surprisingly creamy with a subtle coffee flavour. It's perfect for those on a low carb high fat diet." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + freezing time
Can be frozen
- xylitol - 20g (or sweetener of choice for a high carb version)
- coconut cream - 90g
- coffee - 5g, instant granules
- coconut oil - 30g, melted or at least soft
- butter - 150g, cold, unsalted, cubed
- coffee - 2 tsp, whole roasted beans, optional, to garnish
- Add the xylitol (20g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Tap the lid and leave for 1 minute to let the dust settle. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut cream (90g) and coffee (5g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 3, measuring cap on.
- Add coconut oil (30g) and butter (150g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread out the mixture until it’s approximately half a centimeter thick all over.
- Sprinkle with whole roasted coffee beans (2 tsp) if desired and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once set, break or cut into pieces and store in a container or snap lock bag in the freezer. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
- Store in the freezer. These can be frozen for up to 3 months.