This recipe has been shared with us by Terri McGill.
"This is a blast from the past (a childhood memory) and was one of the recipes handed to me by my beautiful mum after I was married. It was one of the desserts I made often until I learned some different recipes, but I had many requests to make it. Haven't made it really since I got my thermo mixer almost 3 years ago because I hadn't converted the recipe. Could be dangerous now that I have!" - Terri
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious winter pudding that looks fancy, tastes amazing and yet is so simple." - Liz
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 60g, cubed
- milk - 125g
- sugar - 180g
- self raising flour - 200g
- butter - 30g, cubed
- water - 375g, boiling
- golden syrup - 50g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a small baking dish.
- Add the butter (60g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add the milk (125g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 2 / 3 seconds.
- Add the sugar (180g) and self raising flour (200g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish. Rinse out the bowl.
- Add the butter (30g), water (375g) and golden syrup (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce carefully over the top of the batter – you can pour it over the back of a soup spoon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.