Butternut Snap Cookies
Butternut snap cookies are a staple in many kitchens for use in baking recipes such as cheesecake bases. We think they are pretty delicious all on their own, or dunked into a hot cup of tea!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A quick and easy biscuit to bake for guests popping in, or for afternoon tea for the kids." - Claire
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Makes 40 biscuits
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 100g
- butter - 40g, at room temperature
- golden syrup - 30g
- vanilla - 1.5 tsp, extract
- egg - 1
- milk of choice - 30g
- plain flour - 220g, sifted (*can use GF)
- desiccated coconut - 90g
- cream of tartar - 1/2 tsp
- bicarb soda - 1.5 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (100g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (100g), add the room temperature butter (40g), golden syrup (30g) and vanilla extract (1.5 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the egg (1) and milk (30g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add the sifted plain flour (220g), desiccated coconut (90g), cream of tartar (1/2 tsp), bicarb soda (1.5 tsp) and salt (1/8 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until just combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. Roll into 40 small balls.
- Place balls onto the prepared trays and flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely on the trays before moving them to an airtight container.