Bunless Chicken Caesar Burgers
We took inspiration from the common Caesar salad to create these yummy burgers. With bacon, egg, lettuce, Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing, all that these burgers are missing are the croutons! (Which is by design, because they are bunless.) You can always serve these burgers in bread rolls instead of lettuce leaves if you want to make them a bit more "traditional".
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very tasty. Dressing was delicious. Would make again!" - Sally
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Burger patties can be frozen
- Caesar dressing:
- olive oil - 120g
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- egg yolk - 1
- lemon juice - 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- salt - pinch
- water - 2 Tbsp
- anchovy fillet - 1
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required; make your own with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chicken mince - 400g
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, paste or stock cube
- bacon - 4 slices
- eggs - 4, fried to your liking
- lettuce - 8, leaves, large
- Parmesan cheese - 20g, shaved
- Weigh the oil (120g) into a cup or jug. Set aside.
- Add the garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add the egg yolk (1), lemon juice (1 tsp only), mustard (1 tsp), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Speed 4, measuring cap off. While the blades are turning, pour the prepared oil (120g) into the bowl in a steady stream.
- Turn to Speed 4 again. While the blades are turning, add the water (2 Tbsp), anchovy (1), lemon juice (1 Tbsp) and Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp) to the bowl through the lid.
- Once combined, pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Add the onion (1), garlic cloves (2), chicken (400g) and stock paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Move the mixture onto a plate and shape it into 4 patties.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a large frying pan and cook the patties over medium heat. Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Keep the patties warm.
- Cook the bacon (4 slices) and eggs (4) to your liking in the frying pan.
- Into a lettuce cup (8 total), add a burger patty, slice of bacon, fried egg, some Parmesan cheese (20g total) and a drizzle of the Caesar dressing.
- Place another lettuce leaf on top and enjoy!