Bulgogi Beef Marinade
We love meals that make us more organised, and this is a great example! It is an easy and very tasty meal that can be divided into batches to cook at a later date. Make it go even further by adding lots of vegetables and steamed rice.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was so yummy, and it looked good too!" - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 5-7 minutes per batch
Makes enough for 2kg meat
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
- diced beef - 2kg, bulgogi cut
- rice - steamed, to serve
- spring onion - sliced, to serve
- sesame seeds - to serve
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- spring onion - 6, roughly chopped
- soy sauce - 80g (*ensure GF if required)
- rice wine - 30g, sake or mirin
- sugar - 2 Tbsp
- sesame oil - 30g, plus extra for cooking
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, ground black
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (6) and chopped spring onions (6) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the soy sauce (80g), rice wine (30g), sugar (2 Tbsp), sesame oil (30g), sesame seeds (2 Tbsp) and ground black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the beef (2kg) and allow to marinate overnight.
- Place a wok over a high heat and add some oil to the wok.
- Add the beef to the hot wok in batches and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.