This recipe has only a handful of ingredients, and yet it yields a really yummy and nutritious end result. It's a really great option for when the cupboard is bare, as we often have a couple of stalks of broccoli in the bottom of the fridge, don't we? Pick up some broccoli when it is in season and on special, blitz up some of this soup and store it in the freezer for a rainy day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "End product was nice, creamy without the addition of cream or dairy. A quick and easy soup with all the ingredients on hand." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- broccoli - 500g, cut into small florets
- olive oil - 20g
- vegetable stock - 500g, liquid, good quality, or broth
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- LCHF toppings: (optional)
- cheddar cheese - 50g, sharp (*omit for DF)
- cream - drizzle
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and broccoli (250g only) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add remaining broccoli (250g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds, scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add liquid stock (500g) and season well with salt and pepper. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent spatters.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
Note: If you follow a LCHF diet you may wish to top this soup with 50g of sharp cheddar cheese and a drizzle of cream.