Broccoli Soup with Croutons
Fancy a quick and easy light lunch on a budget? This healthy broccoli soup is exactly what you need if you are hungry but want something light and refreshing. You can freeze the soup and thaw as needed.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So incredibly easy and very budget friendly. Eating it made me feel super healthy and was the perfect lunch for a windy winter’s day!"- Christina
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- celery - 2, in sticks, large chunks
- olive oil - 40g
- broccoli - 1 head, florets and the stalk roughly chopped
- fresh mint - 2, sprigs, leaves only
- water - 1L
- vegetable stock - 2 cubes or 2 Tbsp vegetable stock paste
- bread - 2, slices (*can use GF)
- ricotta cheese - 100g (*omit for DF)
- Place the onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and celery sticks (2) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g only). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the broccoli (approx. 500g), mint leaves (from 2 sprigs), water (1L) andstock cubes (2). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, to make the croutons, chop the bread slices (2) in small cubes. Fry in a large frying pan with the remaining oil (20g) until golden brown. Set aside.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup. Simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with the croutons and ricotta cheese (100g).
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.