These broccoli pancakes are so incredibly easy to whip up and cook on a hot grill. You will make these time and time again. Limited basic ingredients mean that they are perfect to make on the road, and they give you a serve of veggies too! These are delicious teamed up with our Tangy Tomato and Onion Relish and some freshly baked Easy Damper.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A healthy and tasty fritter which is good served as a side, a snack or as a main meal with some other elements. They taste really nice with tomato chutney." - Alana
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, small, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- oil - 10g
- broccoli - 170g, florets
- eggs - 2
- vegetable stock - 1 tsp, powder
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- Add the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the broccoli (170g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (2), stock powder (1 tsp) and flour (50g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 15 seconds.
- Place a tablespoonful of mixture on a hot plate on medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. These will be soft so carefully flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat for the remaining mixture. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these on an oiled frying pan on the stove over medium to high heat.
- Serve hot.