Broccoli Cream Cheese Pasta
This is such an easy recipe to prepare for the little ones in your house. The bow tie pasta makes for a great finger food to "catch" the broccoli cream cheese sauce. It's a great base recipe to use up all the little extras you can find in the fridge, such as the last piece of ham or few sun dried tomatoes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I'm not normally a big fan of broccoli, but I really enjoyed this and found it quick and easy to make. It was lovely and creamy, and Miss 10 months enjoyed it too!" - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 250g, farfalle (*can use GF), (butterfly or bow tie)
- spring onion - 2
- broccoli - 100g, florets
- olive oil - 20g
- cream cheese - 150g
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, grated
- Cook the pasta (250g) in a saucepan according to package instructions. Drain and set aside, saving about 50g of the water you cooked with.
- If you need to grate your Parmesan cheese, add cubed cheese (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 /10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add spring onions (2) and broccoli florets (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add cream cheese (150g), grated Parmesan cheese (50g) and a little of the reserved hot water (up to 50g) to the bowl to form a sauce. Program 3:30 minutes / 80C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Combine cooked pasta with the broccoli mixture in a serving bowl with a wooden spoon until all pasta is evenly coated.
- You can add your choice of extras to make this simple dish more fancy, such as bacon, ham, chicken, tuna, pine nuts or sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.