Broccoli Beetroot Salad
This gorgeous salad is oh so refreshing and nourishing! Just look how vibrant green it is! It has been shared with us by Gabrielle from Kitch'n Thyme. The avocado makes it so creamy and smooth, yet it’s still so light! It will make a beautiful accompaniment for your long Easter lunch. Gabrielle uses organic ingredients where possible.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A light and fresh salad that would be perfect on a hot summer's day." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- broccoli - 200g, roughly chopped
- beetroot - 1 medium, golden yellow, peeled and quartered
- apple - 1, red, cored and quartered
- onion - 1/4, red
- fresh coriander - 2-3 sprigs, leaves only
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp (or apple cider vinegar)
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- garlic clove - 1
- avocado - 150g, (approx. 2 med), peeled
- spring onions - 3, green part only
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, leaves
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, leaves
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, Italian, leaves
- olive oil - 60g, extra virgin
- lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- water - 80g
- honey - 1 tsp (or maple syrup)
- sea salt - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- Place broccoli (200g), beetroot (1), apple (1), red onion (1/4), coriander (2-3 sprigs), olive oil (2 Tbsp), lemon (1 Tbsp) and sea salt (1/2 tsp) into mixing bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 3-5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Chop again Speed 4 / 1-2 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved. Be careful not to over process or it will turn into a dip - delightful as that may be!!
- Serve straight away with the dressing or cover and place in the fridge until serving.
- Place the garlic clove (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add avocado (150g), spring onions (3), coriander (1/2 bunch), basil (1/2 bunch), parsley (1/2 bunch), olive oil (60g), lemon juice (2 Tbsp), vinegar (1 Tbsp), water (80g), honey (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and cayenne (pinch) to the bowl.
- Process Speed 7 / 10-15 seconds. If some of the dressing is left unprocessed on the sides of the bowl just scrape down the sides and process a further Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve extra on the side! You will be licking the plate!!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep for about 5 days.
Note: You can add more water, vinegar, or lemon depending on how runny you would like it and your personal taste!