Broccoli and Snow Pea Chicken Penne
Broccoli, snow peas, chicken and pasta are favourites in many families, but when you combine them together? YUM. This recipe is full of flavour, and perfect for kids who like to 'see' the different parts of their dinner (and a good way to share some yummy vegetables).
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The fam thought it was great and really tasty... they went back for seconds, so that is always a good indication!" - Penny
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 500g, dried penne (*can use GF pasta)
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- sun dried tomatoes - 120g
- olives - 60g, pitted
- dried basil - 2 tsp
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- chicken thigh - 600g, diced into large cubes
- cream - 200g, thickened
- broccoli - 12, small, florets
- snow peas - 20, sliced in half
- Cook the penne (500g) according to packet directions whilst preparing the chicken sauce. Drain and set aside once finished.
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes (120g), pitted olives (60g), dried basil (2 tsp) and dried oregano (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chicken thigh pieces (600g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the thickened cream (200g) to the bowl. Program 16 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Add the broccoli florets (12) and halved snow peas (20) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Combine the drained penne and the sauce in a large bowl. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the pasta to soak up some of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper if desired.