The interesting thing about this breakfast option is that the popular storebought banana version of this recipe lists 28 ingredients on the side of the box. Even if you count up the ingredients in a standard wheat biscuit cereal, the finished product will only have 13 in total. You can also vary the recipe to your taste with the addition of cacao and / or strawberries. For another option on this theme, check out our Up and Go-urmet smoothie in the Liquid Breakfasts section.
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 portion. Can be doubled and tripled.
Cannot be frozen
- biscuits of choice - 1, wheat, cereal brick (*can use GF varieties)
- milk - 180g, (*can use Dairy Free milks)
- honey - 1 Tbsp
- banana - 1/3
- cacao powder - 1 tsp, and / or 3-4 strawberries, optional
- Place wheat biscuit cereal brick (1), milk (180g), banana (1/3) and honey (1 Tbsp) into bowl.
- Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Pour into a reusable pouch as shown in the photo, a reusable drink box or glass, to serve.