You can't go wrong with tacos. Anything taco related will be a hit, and this breakfast version is no exception. Feel free to change up the toppings to suit your tastes. These don't take a lot of effort, but they sure do impress!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe is so simple and delicious. I actually had this for dinner as an easy meal, and it worked a treat. I can see this becoming a regular breakfast in my house though." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- bacon - 5 slices, diced
- baby spinach - 60g
- tortillas - 8, small, flour, or soft taco shells* (*can use GF wraps)
- salsa - to serve
- Egg mixture:
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp, chopped
- Parmesan cheese - 50g
- eggs - 4
- cream - 50g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- Add the fresh chopped chives (1/2 bunch), fresh chopped parsley (1 tsp) and Parmesan cheese (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (4), cream (50g), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Fry the diced bacon (5 slices) in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Set aside.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Add the bacon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to form a scrambled egg-like texture.
- Place a little baby spinach (60g total) into each taco shell (8 total). Top with the egg and bacon mixture and a dollop of salsa.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
* Make your own wraps with the Gluten Free Wraps recipe from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.
* Make your own salsa with the Chunky Tomato Salsa recipe from The BBQ Issue, the Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe from The Thrifty Issue, the Chargrilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa recipe from The Dinner Party Issue, the Summer Salsa and Corn Chips recipe from The Summer Issue or the Salsa-mole recipe from The 30 Minute Issue.