Breakfast Ice Cream
Let me assure you, this tastes better than it looks. This is a recipe I created for my three year old. I wanted a healthy snack or breakfast for her that I could feel good about. She loves the "chocolate ice cream" flavour of this, and I love that she is getting a serve of fruit, vegetables, good fats and protein. You can also use fresh bananas for this recipe and blitz all the ingredients at once on Speed 10 for 30 seconds, then pour the mixture into ice block moulds. That's another favourite at our place! - Bec
Recipe Tester Feedback: “My kids would eat this every day if they could! Added bonus of it being healthy for them with some sneaky added greens." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- baby spinach - 30g, leaves
- banana - 2, frozen in chunks
- peanut butter - 30g, natural
- protein powder - 2 scoops, optional (*ensure GF if required)
- cacao powder - 10g
- Add the baby spinach (30g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the frozen banana chunks (2), peanut butter (30g), protein powder (2 scoops, if using) and cacao powder (10g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 10 seconds.